Discover Which 5 Occupations In Corpus Christi Are The Most Dangerous
Corpus Christi has a very healthy job market and this benefits many people in the region. It also has quite a lot of commercial activity and commerce which further makes this a great place. The majority of the businesses and the work available are in heavy industry and this can sometimes be dangerous work. As a matter of fact, this city sees excessive injuries in the workplace and even some deaths each year.
Corpus Christi is a city that experiences a high level of injuries in the workplace and we have developed National recognition towards advocating on behalf of victims and their loved ones. Consequently, we have leveraged more than a hundred years of combined experience that helps with the many clients who have been injured in the course of performing their work. On behalf of families who have lost a loved one in a fatal accident while engaged at work, our efforts continue to try and help those as well. We, therefore, know what jobs have the greatest risk and this experience allows us to better help those going through this situation and the victims to pursue getting properly compensated for it.
What Are The Most Dangerous Occupations In Corpus Christi
1. The oil industry is absolutely one of the biggest in the area. There are jobs related to production, refining, distribution, extraction and unfortunately, these are all among some of the most dangerous jobs in the area. According to the US Department of Labor, there are literally thousands upon thousands of injuries which involve workers in the oil fields around distribution and refining of crude oil. This industry is also plagued by explosions and fires that further cause serious injuries.
2. Offshore occupations related to the oil industry are extremely dangerous and regularly expose workers to potential dangers and injuries. Those who work in offshore jobs are at risk of catastrophic injury and even wrongful death.
3. This area also has quite a few commercial and residential construction jobs because of its job opportunities. In these jobs, workers are exposed to dangers such as electrocution, falls, injuries related to working with machinery and other equipment and even objects that fall to the ground on top of someone. According to OSHA, there are as many as 200,000 injuries suffered by construction workers and in recent years over a hundred people that have died Statewide.
4. The transportation industry is another of those thriving in Corpus Christi. Having to transport heavy vehicles and hazardous materials those that work in the industry have a high rate of injury and even fatal incidents. Even those that are involved in services in the transportation of goods face similar risk that the other drivers do when traveling public roads and highways.
5. Plant workers are considered to be in a completely different segment of the workforce but they too are at high risk for injury and even sometimes death. They often handle hazardous material and work with heavy machinery and they come in close proximity to live electricity. In fact, some of the most catastrophic workplace events have been in plants and other similar facilities.
Even though the occupations that we have been speaking about have substantially higher risk than some other jobs, any employee can be injured while working on the job. It is especially dangerous when third parties fail to live up to the safety regulations required or failed to ensure that the worker is in a safe environment. It is important if you are loved one has been injured in a work-related accident that you know what your legal rights are. In many cases, you can be fully compensated. But time is important in these situations and therefore you are strongly encouraged to quickly bring your situation to a personal injury attorney in Corpus Christi so that they can immediately advise you on a plan of action. You can get started today by simply contacting us and getting a free consultation.